What does Str8 Shot offer that others may not?
- indoor and outdoor shooting instruction on site( private, students only)
- full FFL dealer, including entry level handguns in stock
- small retail shop for basic essentials
- your option to shoot .22, .38 special & full size .45
- two female instructors
- maximum student to instructor ratio 4 : 1
- working lunch, coffee and beverages
- continued support with skills and future firearm purchases
What does Str8 Shot charge?
Day 1 – NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting, Instructor Led FULL version – $125.00
Day 2 – State and Federal Regs and practical qualification – $100.00
TWO Day IL Conceal Carry Package $200.00
Husband & Wife TWO Day Package $185.00 each
Day 2 IL Conceal Carry for Veteran – $90.00
NRA Blended Phase II – $100.00 w/own handgun & ammo $125.00 w/ours
Str8 Shot Gun Safety does not accept credit cards at this time !
Where is Str8 Shot * Gun Safety located?
Two miles north of Downtown Marseilles.
Does Illinois except any prior training?
Illinois will recognize UP TO 8 hours of prior training including:
For our Veterans –
DD214 = 8 hours
If you hold other CCW permits –
Florida = 4 hours Missouri = 4 hours
Utah = 4 hours Kentucky = 4 hours
Nevada = 4 hours Michigan = 4 hours
Illinois Hunter Safety Course = 4 hours
Chicago Firearms Safety Course = 4 hours
NRA Basic Pistol = 8 hours
NRA Personal Protection in the Home = 8 hours
NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home = 8 hours
Prior Law Enforcement/Corrections Officer Firearms = 8 hours
*Str8 Shot does not offer a 12 hour program at this time. Your previous training must equal 8 hours in order to qualify for Day 2 training only.
How do I know if the instructor is qualified and certified to teach Illinois Concealed Carry?
- Go to the Illinois State Police website.
- look for credentials posted in classroom
- ask instructor to show you their documentation
What states can I carry in with an Illinois Concealed Carry license? Permit Honored In:
What Are The Requirements For An Illinois Concealed Carry Permit?
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a currently valid FOID card (if an Illinois resident)
- Have not been convicted or found guilty in Illinois or any other state of:
- A misdemeanor involving the use or threat of physical force or violence to any person within the last 5 years
- 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drug or drugs, intoxicating compound or compounds, or any combination thereof, within the last 5 years
- Not be the subject of a pending arrest warrant, prosecution, or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification
- Not have been in residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the last 5 years
- Submit a completed Concealed Carry License application
- Successfully complete 16 hours of firearms training, including classroom and range instruction.
What does the 16 hour course consist of?
- Firearms Safety
- Basic Principles of Marksmanship
- Care, Cleaning, Loading and Unloading of a Concealable Firearm
- All Applicable State and Federal Laws Relating to the Ownership, Storage, Carry and Transportation of a Firearm (including but not limited to the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm)
- Weapons Handling
- All applicants must pass a live fire exercise with a concealable firearm consisting of:
- A minimum of 30 rounds SHOT FROM THE FOLLOWING;
- 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards, 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards, and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the ISP.
What about fingerprinting?
- Illinois State Police will accept your application without fingerprints but your process will take slightly longer.
- If you choose to be fingerprinted you will need digital fingerprints if you are filing your application on line. These must be done by a qualified fingerprint vendor. You can find qualified vendors on the ISP website. Str8 Shot does deal with a qualified vendor with locations all around Illinois. There is an additional charge. More information about this vendor and other options are given during class.